World Wildlife Day
- World Wildlife Day Celebrated on March 3rd every year.
- Wildlife Day to celebrate and raise awareness of the world’s wild animals and plants.
- World Wildlife Day will be celebrated in 2020 under the theme “Sustaining all life on Earth”, encompassing all wild animal and plant species as key components of the world’s biodiversity.
- This aligns with UN Sustainable Development Goals 1, 12, 14 and 15, and their wide-ranging commitments on alleviating poverty, ensuring sustainable use of resources, and on conserving life both on land and below water to halt biodiversity loss.
- 2020: The 2020 theme is “Sustaining all life on earth”
- 2019: The 2019 theme is “Life below water: for people and planet”
- 2018: The 2018 theme is “Big cats – predators under threat”.
- 2017: The 2017 theme is “Listen to the young voices”.
- 2016: The 2016 theme is “The future of wildlife is in our hands”, with a sub-theme “The future of elephants is in our hands”.
- 2015: The 2015 theme is “It’s time to get serious about wildlife crime”.