51 Pegasi b is
Answer with explanationAnswer: Option B
- It is an exoplanet and the first planet discovered around a Sun-like star. (2019 Nobel for Physics)
- This planet is about half the size of Jupiter and orbits its star in about 4 days.
- 51 Pegasi b is 50 light-years away from earth.
- It is 47% less massive but 50% larger than Jupiter.
- It is 11% more massive and 23% larger than our sun.
- Hot Jupiter’s were not thought to be possible 20 years ago. But this discovery challenged existing theories of planet formation. Astronomers now believe that large planets may form far from their stars and migrate closer to their stars over millions of years
Discuss about the question